Monday, June 12, 2006


Notes from the barn....March '06
I have spent the last several weeks painting Babu and waiting for the warmer weather to arrive. The clock is ticking and I need to get the babushka project going. I decided I really couldn't wait any longer and turned off the heat and got busy saturating the handstitched babushka with fiberglass resin. It took a whole evening from start to finish. In the pic above, Babu's ears are covered to protect them from becoming slopped up with resin. Once the the babushka was saturated, it was placed on Babu and arranged to look like a scarf would (easier said than done). The blow drier came out to speed along the setting process. Next I allowed the babushka to "set" and cure for a couple of days before I applied the white primer you see above.

No comments: